Three days ago (10.20.15) Yahoo! Finance published and article titled “These numbers explain why Amazon wants to give so much free stuff to Prime members.” Why are these numbers relevant to you? They show the power of customer loyalty. Amazon's Prime program has been around for 10 years and has a raving fan base. For the low price of $99 per year Prime members receive the following benefits:
- FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items to addresses in the contiguous U.S. and other shipping benefits.
- FREE Same-Day Delivery in eligible zip codes.
- Prime Instant Video: unlimited streaming of movies and TV episodes for paid or free trial members in the U.S.
- Prime Music: unlimited, ad-free access to hundreds of Prime Playlists and more than a million songs for members in the U.S.
- Prime Photos: Secure unlimited photo storage in Amazon Cloud Drive.
- Prime Pantry: Access to Prime Pantry, where members can purchase and ship to addresses in the contiguous U.S. low priced grocery, household, and pet care items for a flat delivery fee of $5.99 for each Prime Pantry box.
- Amazon Elements: Access to Amazon Elements products, Amazon's own line of everyday essentials.
- Prime Early Access: Get 30-minute early access to Lightning Deals on Amazon.com.
~ Additional information about Amazon Prime benefits is available here.
These benefits have spawned a cult-like following of buyers who turn to Amazon first for their online purchases. According to the Yahoo! Finance article, Amazon Prime members are spending more and coming back more frequently than their non-Prime counterparts. YOU can capitalize on Amazon's continually growing customer base by becoming an Amazon third party merchant and utilizing the Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) program. Sellers using Amazon FBA have access to Amazon Prime buyers by offering FREE 2-day shipping on all items in the FBA program. Buyers LOVE free shipping and Amazon is one of the few e-tailers that offer it every day for its Prime members. It's that simple. All you need to do is offer your products to Amazon buyers using the Amazon FBA program and you are harnessing the power of Prime!
If you sell on other marketplaces, like eBay or Etsy, and haven't yet embraced Amazon as part of your business plan, what's stopping you? According to Yahoo! Finance, “73% of Prime customers said they shopped at Amazon at least two to three times a month, while only 22% of non-Prime customers said they did.” It's time to harness the power of Amazon's customer loyalty for your business!
I've talked before about why you should add Amazon as part of YOUR business plan. You can find those posts here, here, and here. Have I convinced you yet that Amazon should be part of your business plan? If not, I would like to understand your reasons. Please put a comment below of send me an email at [email protected]
Every weekday I jump on Periscope @ 2:30pm EDT. It's a little scripted while still being rough around the edges. Come join me LIVE! If you haven't downloaded Periscope [ iOS | Android ] to your smartphone or other mobile device (iPad, tablet, etc), go grab it now! You can follow me @amy_feierman. See you there!
What are you doing TODAY to move your business forward?
Interested in selling on Amazon with Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) or know someone who is? Not sure where to start?
Amazon FBA Launch Pad is the most current and comprehensive step-by-step guide to LAUNCH and GROW your Amazon FBA business from novice to startup success without spending a fortune. To find out more information click HERE.
If you are looking for more specialized one-on-one direction to grow your business and or manage your life balance, I highly recommend heading over here and checking out the individualized coaching available from the amazing Kristin Ostrander.